Skip to content
- Join FISTS – The International Morse Preservation Society – www.fists.org. “When you’ve worked a FISTS, you’ve worked a friend.”
- “Accuracy Transcends Speed.” While no doubt true, even at my slow speed, my sending accuracy less than perfect.
- Don’t id with each transmission. Once every ten minutes is all that’s required..
- Use abbreviations, Q’s and prosigns, and use them properly
- Cut out unnecessary words. E.g., No need to say “name here is Ken;” just say “name Ken.” We know where you are!
- If you have a longer or less common first name like I do, Wayne, use a shorter nickname in CW, esp with intl ops. My middle name is Kenneth so I use “Ken.”
- This one is hard to break but try not to repeat everythiing unless asked. For me, in Atlanta, GA, that’s a lot of letters to repeat.